I have been single for exactly three whole months and I must admit it's been a lot easier than I thought it would be. Of course I spent many a day and night crying, went to work sporting the puffy eyed look, lost some kilo’s and felt pretty depressed. But supporting me through it all has been God and the friends he sent into my life.
This post is a reflection of the amazing things God can do in your life when you let him in. and as they say sometimes doors are closed so that others can open.
I am grateful for:
- meeting Erin, Alicia, Carol, Ash, Kylie, Jess, Dave, Leesa, Gabriel, Luiz, Rosalie, Brad, Jo, Hayley, Sally and Rachel over the last two months plus a few more from my church who’s names I have forgotten.
- bbq’ing my very first burger the first time
- eating brie and crackers for dinner
- purchasing a yellow rug and carrying it to my car
- going to the movies with a friend I just met on the same day
- going camping twice in one month
- driving to NSW twice all on my own also in the same month
- teaching 3 new students in Virginia
- baking cupcakes and decorating with fondant
- treading water for the first time
- going to the beach and getting thrashed by the waves for the first time
- winning a scholarship to do some post graduate studies in Cairns
- discovering Bethel Music, Brooker Fraser and HIllsong
- making delicious prawn steamed wontons in a bamboo steamer
- going for regular walks
And each day I am trying to grow closer to God, its not easy and I slip up often. But after every slip I dust myself off and start again.